An earlier jotting re Ratzinger's article on the Person:
- Substance (Boethius) vs existence (Richard of St Victor)
- Augustine makes the link person = relation, but encompasses God within the mind in his analogy
- Aquinas limits relation to God; does not extend it to man
- Aquinas separates the doctrine of one God from the doctrine of God as Trinity
- Ratzinger is not aware of how Aquinas modifies Boethius, esp. intellect as open to all reality
- Ratzinger is not systematic (at least in this article). He gives large openings
- Ratzinger gives references to Conrad-Martius, von Balthasar, B. Welte. Perhaps these are more systematic. Perhaps Conrad-Martius' Das Sein might provide a Begrifflichkeit.